Typing in Vietnamese
The Vietnamese keyboard supports the following features:
• The Vietnamese language has more characters in the alphabet than there are keys on the keyboard. As a result, some
keys have more than one native character on one key. You might need to use the keyboard mapping guide to determine
how to access the second and third characters on each key.
• Word prediction and flicking word suggestions up onto the screen (if you have this feature turned on).
• To type an uppercase character, you can press
and press a letter.
• To type an accented version of a character, you can press and hold the primary character. Then, you can select the
• Accented characters are available for E, O, A, and D.
• To type a symbol, tap
. To view more symbols, swipe down on the keyboard.